- Palazzo Pants: I’m not kidding when I say I wear these at least once a week. I love how versatile they can be. Depending on the print, color, and material you can dress these in so many different styles. I style my black wide-legs with striped t-shirt and denim jacket for a laid back casual look. You could also wear a floral pair with a solid top and a statement necklace for a more sophisticated and dressy look. Here are a couple of the ones I’ve had my eye on for future purchases.
- Long-line Chiffon Jackets/Maxi Cardigans/Kimonos: I think every hijabi has a solid collection of kimonos in her closet. They’re so perfect for those excruciatingly hot days and they add a flowy bohemian vibe to any outfit. As much as I love the classic oversized kimono, I’ve been obsessed with long-line chiffon jackets as well. They’re still just as lightweight as a kimono, but they offer some structure for a more sophisticated minimalistic look - plus they offer a flattering shape that lengthens your body rather than making it appear wider than it is. You could pair either with a maxi dress or a t-shirt and jeans. Here are some amazing options to check out.
- Peasant Tunics: These are a dream- literally. No layering, no tank tops, just a one-stop shop. These types of tops are practically made for a hijabi. In contrast to the typical chiffon top, peasant tops are typically lined, leaving behind the need for layering underneath. Not to mention that they’re usually long sleeves – yup that means no sweaters or jackets. They also come in tunic styles readily so they’re perfectly modest. Pair them with a pair of jeans or tucked into wide-legs/a skirt for a carefree bohemian look.
- Joggers/Tapered Trousers: For those who are shorter these are perfect! I know that sometimes maxi-skirts/dresses and wide-leg pants can make shorter girls look frumpy and awkward. If you feel like that tends to be the case with you, try out joggers instead. They still offer some breathing room as opposed to jeans, and they’re more closed off at the bottom, which will lengthen as well. I love them because you can buy them in all different materials to suit the look you’re going for. There’s denim, linen, jersey, and rayon just to name a few. These can be styled the same as you would wide-leg pants.
Are you ready for this last one?!
It will literally change your life.
- Jersey Hijabs: These are a must for any on the go hijabi. The Hijab Souq just introduced a fabulous line of jersey hijabs. The jersey hijab will literally change your life. Don’t get me wrong I still love my trusty black maxi-hijab, but with these crazy temperatures I can’t be bothered by yards of fabric and all the layering that it comes with. Jersey hijabs have much less fabric and drape beautifully and so effortlessly. That means when your running around in the summer you can still look put together without the need for an excessive amount of pins. They’re also completely opaque which means you don’t have to worry about your hair being seen through - one wrap around is enough. You can wear them just like you wear your scarf now or you could try all the different styles that jersey hijabs allow for. Here are all the colors we carry as of right now!
The Blog Souq
-Because You're Worth It!